Cecil Pettit Legacy Fund
Cecil Pettit was one of the founding members of Ability Northants, a charity dedicated to enriching the lives of people living with disabilities.
Following his passing in 2000, a legacy fund was established to carry on Cecil Pettit's good work. This fund is managed and facilitated by Northamptonshire Community Foundation, with the aim to fund projects supporting people living with disabilities.
Examples of some of the types of projects this fund could support include:
- Support or advocacy groups
- Helping people living with disabilities by providing accessible educational or training activities
- Health and well-being projects to reduce social isolation
The maximum funding award is £3,000. In order to apply please complete an expression of interest form by Friday 24th February 2023 and email this to Ryan Griffiths: email@example.com
Is my group eligible?
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group. Please note that as a general exclusion we do not fund social enterprises with persons with significant control (PSC).
- You must be based in Northamptonshire
- You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to, that contains a dissolution clause. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must have safeguarding policies in place if relevant to your work and all groups must have an equalities policy in place
For more information about eligibility and information on supporting documents please visit our Help for Groups section.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.
Our funds and programmes are working towards the 10 UNSDGs we have adopted into our charitable activities. For more information please click here
Project Type: Health & Wellbeing
Grant Location: Northamptonshire (county-wide)
Grant Amount: Up to £3,000