Warm this Winter Fund
Please note our office will be closed from 20th December 2023- 2nd January 2024 for the Christmas Break. You will still be able to submit applications, but these won't be looked at until the new year.
If you are looking for a decision before we close, please submit applications by Monday 4th December.
The cost-of-living crisis means that this winter will be one of the toughest we have faced for decades. Many older people are already extremely anxious about rising bills; it's estimated that, in comparison to last year, double the number of pensioners will find themselves living in fuel poverty this winter.
The Warm this Winter Fund will offer individual grants of up to £2,000 for Northamptonshire-based projects that focus on protecting and helping older people who are vulnerable during the winter months.
Grants awarded by the Warm this Winter Fund will meet at least two of five aims:
- Keep home warm
- Dress for warmth
- Stay warm at night
- Eat well
- Keep active
Examples of the types of eligible project activities include the following:
- Volunteer-led community projects that promote healthy lifestyles for older people
- Activities that reduce isolation or that provide social activity for vulnerable older people to prevent loneliness
- Activities that provide help for older people that need support to live in their own homes
To apply, click here: Warm this Winter Fund application form
Is my group eligible?
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group. Please note that as a general exclusion we do not fund social enterprises with persons with significant control (PSC).
- You must be based in Northamptonshire
- You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to, that contains a dissolution clause. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must have safeguarding policies in place if relevant to your work and all groups must have and equalities policy in place
For more information about eligibility and information on supporting documents please visit our Help for Groups section.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process as well as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.
If you are unsure about any of the above text or have any other queries, please contact the Grants Team on 01604 230033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further contact details.