Please note that your proposal must adhere to any current Government COVID-19 safety guidance to keep people safe and well.
The Winwick Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund has been established on behalf of Cubico Sustainable Investments to provide grants to projects which benefit residents in the parishes of Winwick, Cold Ashby, West Haddon and Guilsborough.
The fund will support a range of charitable, educational, environmental and general community amenity projects to benefit residents in the local community around the wind farm site. It will be available for the lifetime of the Winwick Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund and Northamptonshire Community Foundation is the fund's independent administrator.
Before you begin filling out the application form, we strongly recommend you fully read through the fund's guidance at the bottom of the page, this can help avoid mistakes that delay an application.
Example projects that may apply for funding include:
• Training and volunteering schemes
• Pocket parks and green spaces
• Arts and preservation of local heritage
• Youth clubs and safety schemes
Is my group eligible?
• Your project must be based in and benefit residents of Winwick, Cold Ashby, West Haddon or Guilsborough
• Your project can be for new project activity, start up costs for a new group or service, or can build upon the good work you already do.
• Revenue and Capital projects are eligible.
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group. Please note that as a general exclusion we do not fund social enterprises with persons with significant control (PSC).
• We wish to fund a range of community projects. We will offer grants of up to £5,000. Larger awards may be considered.
• You should have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee.
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group.
• You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. You will also need an equalities policy in place. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Help for Groups section.
Upcoming closing dates:
- Friday 6 May 2022
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team Call the grants team on via their mobile contact numbers for more information.