The Social Enterprise Fund for Northamptonshire has been established by Northamptonshire Community Foundation to support groups delivering social enterprise activities in Northamptonshire in order to support the economic recovery of local communities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund also aims to contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth.
The fund is specifically open to social enterprise businesses working in Northamptonshire that are benefiting local communities especially disadvantaged or vulnerable residents.
Funding available and criteria
Groups are eligible to apply for up to £5000 and the programme especially welcomes applications that encourages new social enterprise start up in Northamptonshire:
- Capital and revenue costs can be considered
- Social enterprise initiatives e.g. co-operatives
- You must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
- You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
- You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must have safeguarding policies in place if working directly with children and young people or vulnerable people. We have resources on our website to help with this
- You must have an equalities policy in place. We have resources on our website to help with this
Please especially note:
- You must have a minimum of two directors
- You must be limited by guarantee
- There must be no PSC. Please note our updated eligibility requirements; we are unable to fund social enterprises with a person with overall significant control. Please refer to the guidance.
Upcoming closing dates:
- Friday 5 August 2022.
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
To apply please click on the link here.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on via their mobile contact numbers for more information.