The Let's Create Jubilee Fund will support voluntary and community groups to develop creative and cultural activities as part of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June 2022. This fund has been created by Arts Council England (ACE) with funds from the National Lottery. It is open to voluntary organisations with charitable aims and working towards a common goal which does not have to be based solely around arts and culture.
Groups can apply for amounts between £750 and £10,000. Projects must:
- Focus on art and creativity
- Engage with at least one of the artforms that ACE supports (see below)
- Be high quality and inclusive in their approach
- Culminate in June 2022
- Benefit people in Northamptonshire particularly those on low incomes or facing disadvantage
Applicants are strongly encouraged to partner with an artist, creative or cultural organisation that has been in receipt of ACE funding within the last 4 years to help deliver their project. Although this is not an essential requirement, in general we would expect larger awards (i.e. 5-10k) to be made to projects that involve a partnership between a community organisation and an ACE funded organisation; the lead partner should be the community organisation, who will receive the grant and distribute funds as needed to their partner arts organisation. You can find out more about ACE supported artists or organisations in your local area on their website.
All applicants will have a funding decision by Friday 1 April 2022. The project can begin from 1 April so that preparation can take place such as rehearsals. Public-facing activity should take place in June near the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Types of projects eligible for funding:
Culture and creativity come in all shapes and sizes, so we do not want to be too prescriptive about what form projects could take; it’s more important for you to consider how to deliver creative and cultural activity that your local communities will want to take part in and find a partner who can help you deliver it. To be eligible projects should engage with at least one of the artforms which ACE supports through its funding. These are:
- visual arts
- combined arts - including festivals and carnivals
- museum and library activities
Please note: you should not be making a profit from the activities or events.
You can apply for a grant if you are a:
- constituted voluntary or community organisation
- registered charity
- not-for-profit company including community interest companies where there is no PSC
The above organisations need to:
- be a local or regional organisation, i.e only working in Northamptonshire or in the East Midlands. Please note: people benefiting from the grant must live in Northamptonshire.
- be a branch of a national organisations with a local management committee based in Northamptonshire, your own constitution, and a bank account you control
- We can accept applications for funding from organisations working as a consortium, partnership, network or group. For non-constituted consortiums or groups, one organisation must act as the lead organisation and send us the application. If the application goes on to be successful, this organisation would then be accountable for the grant.
Your organisation must have:
- a business address in the UK
- an active voluntary management committee with at least three people who are not:
- related to each other or in a long-term relationship
- living at the same address
- a project lead that is at least 18 years old
Your organisation needs the following financial arrangements and documents:
- a bank account in the exact name of your organisation with two signatories that are not related to each other
- less than 12 months running costs in unrestricted reserves. This means in your end of year financial accounts, Unrestricted reserves (not including Designated funds) must be less than your Expenditure
- financial records or accounts
- a recent bank statement
- a constitution
- a financial plan or budget showing this year's expected income, expenditure and reserves. If you do not have these we will discuss this with you when you apply.
- a Safeguarding Policy (where relevant) and an Equality Policy
Who isn't eligible for funding:
- non-constituted community or voluntary groups
- statutory bodies such as city, county or parish councils or health institutions
- organisations that have been established for less than 12 months
- Limited companies, sole traders or partnerships without charitable aims
- Please note: ACE funded NPOs are not eligible to be the lead applicant for this programme. However, they would be a strong partner on an application, so we would encourage NPOs to work with local community and voluntary organisations to be partners on their applications
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION LINK HERE
PLEASE READ THE GUIDANCE BEFORE APPLYING OR SPEAK TO THE GRANTS TEAM TO DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 28 FEBRUARY 2022.
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team via their mobile contact numbers for more information.