Please note that your proposal must adhere to any current Government COVID-19 safety guidance to keep people safe and well.
The Yelvertoft Wind farm Community Benefit Fund has been established on behalf of AES Wind Generation to provide grants to projects which benefit residents in the parishes of Clay Coton, Crick, Lilbourne or Yelvertoft.
The fund will support a range of charitable, educational, environmental and general community amenity projects to benefit residents in the local community around the wind farm site. It will be available for the 25 year lifetime of the Yelvertoft Wind Farm and Northamptonshire Community Foundation is the fund's independent administrator.
Example projects that may apply for funding include:
• Training and volunteering schemes
• Pocket parks and green spaces
• Arts and preservation of local heritage
• Youth clubs and safety schemes
Is my group eligible?
• Your project must be based in and benefit residents of Clay Coton, Crick, Lilbourne or Yelvertoft.
• Your project can be for new project activity, start-up costs for a new group or service, or can build upon the good work you already do.
• Revenue and Capital projects are eligible.
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group. Parish Councils are also eligible to apply for non-statutory activity. Please note that as a general exclusion we do not fund social enterprises with persons with significant control (PSC).
• We wish to fund small projects primarily. We will offer grants of up to the amount of £7,000. Larger projects will be considered.
• You should have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee.
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group.
• You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. You will also need an equalities policy in place. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Help for Groups section.
Before you begin filling out the application form, we strongly recommend you fully read through the fund's guidance at the bottom of the page this can help avoid mistakes that delay an application.
This form is for grant awards of up to £7,000 or up to £20,000 for an exceptional project.
Upcoming closing dates:
- Friday 8 October 2021
- Friday 10 December 2021
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team via the contact us page for more information.