This Programme requires you to identify in section 3 under Impact how you will tackle one or more of the needs identified in the Foundation’s Hidden Needs Report. Please read the guidance to help you answer the question.
Please note that your proposal must adhere to any current Government COVID-19 safety guidance to keep people safe and well.
The Northampton Queens Institute Fund will offer one-off grants up to £5000 for projects based in Northampton that are all about improving health and wellbeing.
Applications are welcomed for projects that achieve the following:
• Supporting individuals to live with or manage a health condition
• Greater numbers of people will have healthy lifestyles and have improved life chances
• More people, especially those with a learning disability or mental health condition, will have the skills, training and education to enable employability
• Greater numbers of people will be involved within the community as active citizens and volunteers
Examples of the types of eligible project activities include the following:
• Support and advocacy groups for people living with a health condition
• Community projects that promote emotional, mental and physical health and wellbeing
• Activities that reduce isolation or that provide social activity for vulnerable people to prevent loneliness
• Activities that provide help for people that need support to live in their own homes
• Activities that use arts, creativity, physical exercise and sport to support health and wellbeing
Is my group eligible?
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
• You must be based in Northampton
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to, that contains a dissolution clause. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must have a child protection policy in place
The programme will not fund the following:
• Capital projects, e.g. renovation or building work
• Profit making organisations or businesses
• Activities of a political nature
• Activities which exclusively support or promote religion or religious behaviour
Upcoming closing dates:?
- Friday 6 August 2021
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Click here to apply.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.