This Programme requires you to identify in section 3 under Impact how you will tackle one or more of the needs identified in the Foundation’s Hidden Needs Report. Please read the guidance to help you answer the question.
Please note that your proposal must adhere to any current Government COVID-19 safety guidance to keep people safe and well.
The Margaret Giffen Community Fund supports projects tackling disadvantage and poverty across Corby, Kettering and East Northamptonshire. Example projects might include :
Projects tackling child povery, food poverty or fuel poverty
Projects providing free or low cost access to education and training activities
Free or low cost access to arts, sports and recreational activities for families on a low income
Advice, advocacy and support services for vulnerable residents
Is my group eligible?
- Your project can be a new activity, start up costs for a new group or service or building on the good work you already do. Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible.
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group.
- Your total budget for the project you are applying for cannot be more than £20,000
- You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
- You must have a set of written rules or a constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Training & Resources section to download an example
Upcoming closing dates:
- Friday 5 March 2021
- Friday 7 May 2021
- Friday 6 August 2021
- Friday 8 October 2021
- Friday 10 December 2021
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.