Please note that your proposal must adhere to any current Government COVID-19 safety guidance to keep people safe and well.
The KHL Big Local – Community Chest Fund will offer grants of £250 to £5000 for projects that are all about improving the wellbeing of residents based in Kingswood and Hazel Leys in Corby. The Fund is managed by Northamptonshire Community Foundation on behalf of the KHL Partnership. You can find out more about the activities of the KHL Partnership here or follow them on Twitter.
Applications are welcomed for projects that cover a broad range of community activity.
Priority will be given to projects working with:
• Children and young people
• Diverse communities
• Older people and vulnerable people
An example project may include:
• Community events and activities
• Small scale training, rental and staffing costs
• Small and large pieces of equipment
• Support groups, residents associations, sports and arts clubs
Am I eligible?
• You must be an individual or a community group residing in Kingswood or Hazel Leys
• If you are applying as an individual - please contact the Grants Team in the first instance on 01604 230033
• Your activity must take place entirely within and benefit solely and exclusively the residents of Kingswood and Hazel Leys
• You will need a supporting reference from a professional agent or agency to support your application - this can include a police officer, GP, teacher, local councillor or manager of a local community group
•You must submit a Disclosure and Barring Service check if working with children and young people
If applying as a group:
• You must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must have a child protection policy in place when working with children and young people and here is guidance on how to develop one
The programme will not fund the following:
• Profit making organisations or businesses
• Activities of a political nature
• Activities which exclusively support or promote religion or religious behaviour
How to apply:
If you are applying for £500 or less then please download and complete the KHL Big Local small grant form at the bottom of the page.
If applying for over £500 and up to £5000 please click the application link below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 April.
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link.
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.