Friends of the Foundation was launched in May 2010 and its aim is to bring like-minded businesses and individuals together into a ‘circle of giving’. Each member of the initiative donates a regular amount each year and part of this donation was used to launch the Friends of the Foundation Fund.
The Fund will re-open on Monday 26 July 2021 for expressions of interest.
The Fund's theme for 2021 is United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education: 'Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning for all.'
Groups can apply for a maximum of £5000. The projects must commence in Spring 2022. We especially welcome proposals that address one of the following:
Is my group eligible?
• Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group. Please note that as a general exclusion we do not fund social enterprises with persons with significant control (PSC).
• We wish to fund small projects – we will offer grants of up to £5,000. Your total budget for the project you are applying for cannot be more than £20,000
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. You must also have an equalities policy in place. This will be needed as a condition of funding. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Help for Groups section.
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.