Friends of the Foundation was launched in May 2010 and its aim is to bring like-minded businesses and individuals together into a ‘circle of giving’. Each member of the initiative donates a regular amount each year and part of this donation was used to launch the Friends of the Foundation Fund.
The Fund will re-open on Monday 26 July 2021 for expressions of interest.
The Fund's theme for 2021 is United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education: 'Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning for all.'
Groups can apply for a maximum of £5000. The projects must commence in Spring 2022. We especially welcome proposals that address one of the following:
Developing digital skills for all: projects that support digital inclusion and tackle digital exclusion and digital poverty to maximise everyone’s access to education and lifelong learning.
Additional learning opportunities projects that provide added value learning opportunity outside of school to support inclusive learning and support especially for children and young people whose learning has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Intergenerational learning opportunities: projects that support intergenerational learning opportunities in order to nurture connection and community across all ages, to help promote positive attitudes towards ageing and older people and younger people, to provide role models and mentorship and grow community learning environments that build a sense of belonging and understanding across generations.
Incorporation of wellbeing, resilience and confidence building within education: projects which support wellbeing in learning settings and recognise the importance of emotional and mental wellbeing, personal resilience and confidence to support education and lifelong learning.
To apply please complete an expression of interest form by Monday 27 September at Midday to Mary Hollands: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be informed in October if your expression of interest has been successful and the panel will meet in December. You will receive an outcome in the same month for projects that commence no earlier than January 2022.
Is my group eligible?
• Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group.
• We wish to fund small projects – we will offer grants of up to £5,000. Your total budget for the project you are applying for cannot be more than £20,000
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Training & Resources section
Go to grant deadlines for all upcoming closing dates.
If you are interested in becoming a Friend of the Foundation, please call the Foundation on 01604 230033. Alternatively, you can email Mary Hollands or Rachel Cooke.
Please click here to view our Diversity Statement applicable to our grant awards.
Our funds and programmes are working towards the 9 UNSDGs we have adopted into our charitable activities. For more information please click here