The Avon fund for Women and Girls is managed by Northamptonshire Community Foundation on behalf of Avon Cosmetics Ltd. In 2020 the Avon Fund for Women and Girls will have a focused commitment to funding up to four projects that directly tackle violence against women and girls (VAWG) in Northamptonshire.
One off awards will be made for this fund up to £3,000. The Fund will particularly welcome project proposals which address one or more of the following:
- Maintain/improve support support for women and girls who are experiencing or at risk of violence and abuse;
- Early intervention work with 13-17 year old girls experiencing, or at risk of, VAWG
- Projects supporting survivors of violence and abuse to get their lives back on track through socvial support networks, education and employability
- Projects tackling financial and technological control of women and girls
- Expand reach and support for women and girls who face additional barriers in accessing services such as BAMER (Black, Asian Minority Ethnic and Refugee), older, LBTI (Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex), and disabled communities
Is my group eligible?
- Your project can be a new activity, start up costs for a new group or service or building on the good work you already do Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
- Your total budget for the project you are applying for cannot be more than £20,000
- You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
- You must have a set of written rules or a constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our supporting documents page to download an example.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation will receive expressions of interest for 2020 during January. You will need to complete an expression of interest form. If your expression of interest is approved you will receive a face to face project visit in February by Avon Associates and Foundation Staff.
The Programme will open for expressions of interest on 7 January and close at Midday on Monday 27 January. Please complete an expression of interest form which you can access here and email it to: email@example.com