The Northamptonshire Champions Fund is a bursary scheme designed to support Northamptonshire’s emerging sports stars. The county's top sporting performers will receive financial support to help them make the most of their talent.
Thank you to the Mick and Sheila White fund for their kind donation supporting local sporting talent in the county.
It is hoped that the list of sports eligible within the scheme is extensive and meets local needs. There is a priority list of sports which are well structured and functional in the county and it is expected that these will receive more nominations than the other non- priority sports. The priority sports are:
Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball / wheelchair basketball, Boccia, Boxing, Canoeing/Kayaking/paddle sport, Cricket, Cycling, Equestrian, Football (disability and girls), Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Netball, Rowing, Rugby Union, Sailing, Squash, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Trampolining, Triathlon and Volleyball.
Aikido, American football, angling, baseball/softball, biathlon, bobsleigh, bowls, caving, Chinese martial arts, croquet, curling, diving, dragon-boat racing, fencing, gliding, handball, hang gliding/paragliding, horse-racing, ice-hockey, ice-skating, jet-skiing, ju jitsu, kick boxing, kendo, korfball, lacrosse, luge, modern pentathlon, motor cycling, motor sports, mountaineering, movement and dance, orienteering, parachuting, petanque, polo, pool, roller sports, rounders, rugby league, shooting (air, clay target, crossbow, muzzle loading, pistol, rifle and target), skiing, snooker, surfing, tae kwondo, tang soo do, tenpin bowling, tug of war, water skiing, weightlifting and wrestling.
Am I eligible?
• You must be competing at a national level for example selected for national training squads & national representative competition
• You must live / be located and / or train / coach / officiate / in Northamptonshire
• Costings must be specifically for sports-based activities including travel expenses to training grounds, personal sports equipment, clothing, specialist coaching (which is in addition to the coaching provided by the athlete’s regular club coaches) and attendance at competitive activities
• You must be up to the age of 25 years or 35 years if you have a disability. However , if you are an athlete with a disability over the age of 35, you can still apply if you can demonstrate that you have, within the last 3 years, taken up the sport for which you are applying
The grant can be for the following:
• Grants in the first year will be for a minimum of £200 up to £1000. Repeat applicants can apply for up to £400
• Athletes in education in order to allow them to remain in education if they are experiencing financial difficulties
• Athletes living on a low income who need support in order to pursue their sporting aspirations
• Athletes with disabilities who require an assistor/carer in order to train or compete in their sport. The Grant can be used to pay for an assistor's time, travel, accommodation and food
Apply by completing the Northamptonshire Champions application form below.
Next closing date: Friday 6 April 2018
Please email your completed application to email@example.com and post a signed copy to us. For further information on this fund please read the Northamptonshire Champions Guidance below.