The Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport Fund is a bursary scheme designed to support the county’s sports clubs, groups and non-profit organisations. The fund will offer grants of up to £1,000 for sport activities catering for any disability, sensory impairment and/or mental health problem.
The fund has been set up by the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport with the aim to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire.
The funding programme will be open for applications from constituted clubs, groups and not for profit organisations from February 2018.
The maximum amount to be applied for is £1000 and projects can run for up to a year.
Is my group eligible?
• Projects must cater for people aged 5+ to reflect change in Sport England target and must be delivered in non - curriculum time
• A financial or in-kind contribution must be made by the organisation applying
• Funding must be for sport, or physical activity. Sports must be recognised by Sport England and ideally Paralympic, or Special Olympic events
• Must be for projects that increase participation and not just cater for existing, with evidence required in reporting of 70% of participants involved in project retained in activity beyond it
• Funding can be for volunteer training, equipment, or facility improvement, but your project must still result in participation increase
• Applications must demonstrate how the activity will be sustained once the funding has been used
• Your group and activity must be based and take place exclusively within Northamptonshire
• Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to that contains a dissolution clause. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must have a community bank account with a minimum of two signatories required
• You must have a child protection policy and vulnerable peoples' policy that your group adheres to if you are working with children or vulnerable adults
For more information on the funding please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the grants team on 01604 230033.
Apply by completing the NFDS Fund application form below.
Next closing date: Friday 1 February 2019