Nationwide Building Society has launched a new community funding scheme to tackle housing issues at a local level.
Grants of up to £50,000, over one or two years, are available for projects that support vulnerable people with their housing needs.
Eligible applicants must be a UK registered charity, Community Land Trust or housing co-operative.
Heart of England Community Foundation (HoECF) is leading on this programme in Central England, working with neighbouring Community Foundations in Leicestershire & Rutland, Bedfordshire & Luton, Northamptonshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Surrey and Hertfordshire.
Applications will be assessed by HoECF and then considered by a community board, which is comprised of Nationwide members, employees and housing experts.
You can apply for:
- Staff/Volunteer costs for project delivery
- Development and capacity building costs
- Activity costs
- Small scale capital costs (e.g. items for project delivery such as computers,
paint, gardening equipment)
- Building works and refurbishment costs - where they are essential to the
successful delivery of the project
Guidance for applicants:
Please read the below eligibility criteria and guidance prior to submitting your grant application.
- What makes for a good grant application?
- Financial Due Diligence and safeguarding guidance
- The eligibility criteria
For examples of the types of projects supported by the fund please click here.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted using this form.