The #iwill Fund is managed by Northamptonshire Community Foundation on behalf of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and the Big Lottery Fund. Local fundraising is also a key part of the #iwill Programme.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation would like to say a big thank you to The Wilson Foundation who have generously match funded this grants programme with a donation of £30,000.
The #iwill Fund will offer grants between £1000 and £5000 for projects and activities raising the level and quality of youth social action in Northamptonshire. Activities must be for young people between the age of 10 and 20 and up to 25 years for disabled young people.
Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering and helping young people develop the skills and knowledge that employers looks for.
Groups must demonstrate that their programme can meet the following quality principles of great youth social action:
More details about the principles can be found on the #iwillwebsite.
Please call Anthony on 01604 230033 if you need to discuss the principles.
Example projects may include:
- A drop in where young people teach others new skills such as coding/bike maintenance/nail art
- Bite-size events for young people to train an organisation's staff on the latest social media
- Growing vegetables with a local allotment or food initiative and then selling them
- Youth volunteering projects where young people support local residents needing help such as shopping, gardening and street cleaning
Am I eligible to apply?
- Your group must be a locally managed voluntary or community group, registered charity and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs
- Local branches of national organisations can apply but must have their own management committee and bank account
- You must have safeguarding policies in place
- Statutory organisations cannot bid for the fund
- Unable to fund activities promoting party political activity
- Unable to fund capital costs / equipment. (Purchase of refreshments for volunteers is okay).
- Unable to fund Individual sponsorship
- Unable to fund activities generating private profit
- Faith groups are welcome to apply but activities which evangelise or proselytise religious beliefs will not be eligible. Projects that only work with one faith are also not eligible
- The group must be locally constituted, based in and the work must take place within Northamptonshire, Leicestershire or Rutland
Next closing date: Friday 10 January 2020
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link
Please read the guidance notes and download the reference form and supporting documents checklist at the bottom of the page before applying.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process aswell as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Call the grants team on 01604 230033 for more information.